Monday 17 March 2014

CADA



Once you discover CADA in your Thermomix, I guarantee you'll be hooked. CADA stands for Coconut, Apple, Dates and Almonds. It's that simple, but you can play around with different combinations, depending on what you have available. 

I prefer to use fresh coconut, but shredded or desiccated is also great. The first time I bought a whole coconut to make CADA, I ended up with a sliced thumb and a puncture wound to the palm. Luckily I have now perfected the art of cracking coconuts and removing the flesh without too many injuries. This makes a fantastic breakfast, but can also be tweaked as a dessert. I have included the standard recipe below, but I have been known to used dried peaches or pears instead of the dates. I also like to add a couple of tablespoons of chia seeds, for extra crunch.


CADA

Ingredients
40 grams coconut 
1 apple, quartered
40 grams dates
40 grams almonds

Method
Put all ingredients in the Thermomix bowl. Close the lid and press Turbo twice, for 1 second at a time. It seriously doesn't need any longer than that or you will end up with a paste. Top with a dollop of greek yoghurt and some berries or other fresh fruit. In the photo above, I used figs and had this for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I hope you are enjoying the recipes.