Wednesday 19 March 2014

Pumpkin and Cinnamon Bread



I first tried Pumpkin and Cinnamon Bread at Sayers Sister in Leederville. It was served for breakfast with a little shot glass of butter and maple syrup on the side. As soon as I got home I Googled to try and find a similar recipe. Luckily the first one I tried tasted almost identical and I have been making it regularly ever since. 

This is not a Thermomix recipe, but I do steam my pumpkin in the Varoma. Although I have 'mashed' the pumpkin in the Thermomix before, I found that it was a better consistency and the bread rose better when I hand mashed it, leaving the course lumps in the pumpkin, rather than having a pumpkin puree. I also reduced the brown sugar to 1 cup.

I often double the mix and make two loaves, freezing individually wrapped slices that can be popped in the toaster to defrost. It is so moist that you don't really need anything on it, but if you feel like indulging, a smear of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup goes down a treat.

http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/858/pumpkin-and-cinnamon-bread.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I hope you are enjoying the recipes.