Thursday 27 March 2014

Coffee Scroll Biscuits



As a child, my favourite biscuits were always Coffee Scrolls. I was there through both the Nabisco and Arnotts eras, carefully nibbling the crunchy spiced biscuit, saving the dollop of soft pink icing until the very end. I was understandably devastated when they stopped making them a few years back. I really craved them when I was pregnant and wished I'd discovered this recipe back then. These are spot on replicas of the original biscuit.

I actually made these in my Kitchenaid mixer as the Thermomix was busy with another task, but next time I make them I'll convert the recipe. I also just did a half batch, which yielded around 24 biscuits. To make the circle imprints, I hunted around the kitchen to find two circles, one smaller than the other, ending up with a shot glass and a small lid (the creator of the recipe used a fancy whisk). You could even scrap this step if you wanted to. My dough didn't come together enough, as per the recipe, so I added roughly 2 tablespoons of milk to form the soft dough.

Enjoy this little blast from the past.

http://sweetperfectioncakes.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/long-lost-favourite-coffee-scroll.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I hope you are enjoying the recipes.